Black Forest TriffleFrom dutchie326 2 years ago
- 1 (8-ounce) package chocolate sugar-free, low-fat cake mix (such as Sweet 'N Low) shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 (1-ounce) package chocolate sugar-free, fat-free instant pudding mix $ shopping list
- 2 cups fat-free milk $ shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen no-sugar-added pitted cherries shopping list
- 2 or 3 drops of red food coloring shopping list
- 2 cups fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed $ shopping list
- sugar-free chocolate curls (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using 3/4 cup water. Let cake cool in pan; remove from pan, and cut into cubes.
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, using 2 cups fat-free milk; chill at least 30 minutes.
- Thaw cherries, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Combine cherries, juice, and food coloring.
- Place half of cake cubes in a 3-quart trifle bowl. Spoon half of cherries over cake; spread 1 cup pudding over cherries, and top with half of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired (chocolate curls not included in analysis). Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Look for sugar-free cake mixes alongside the regular cake mixes or in the dietetic section of the grocery store.