Pulled Peameal Breakfast CasseroleFrom woodzie 3 years ago
- 8 to 10 medium size potatoes shopping list
- 4 or 5 lb Peameal bacon roast shopping list
- 300 grams of shredded cheese shopping list
- knorr cream of potato soup mix shopping list
- half cup of melted butter shopping list
- fine chopped, half of a red onion shopping list
- fine chopped yellow or orange sweet pepper shopping list
- chopped green onions shopping list
- 1 dozen eggs shopping list
- 1/ cup of milk shopping list
- 4 slices of oat bran bread (optional) shopping list
- ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Step one - Throw your potatoes into a medium sized 'barrel style' crock pot, skin and all, without water or spices. In a second small crock pot, throw in your roast of Peameal Bacon (cooks up like ham) then put both crocks on low and let simmer over night
- Step two - Turn off both crocks in the morning. Then while allowing the roast to cool with the lid off, place potatoes in a large bowl with ice cold water. (you can also place everything in the fridge and come back later in the day). Take each potato and rub a knife over them to remove all the skins so you can grate them with the cheese grater. once roast is cool, crumble into small pieces and set aside.
- Step three - assembly;
- - Spray no-stick into a large casserole dish, either a disposable 11" x 14" aluminum pan, a roasting pan, or pampered chef stoneware.
- - Put your shredded potatoes in the pan forming a large layered shell
- - Sprinkle the pouch of powdered cream of potato soup mix
- - Sprinkle the pulled Peameal Bacon pieces
- - Then the green onions, red onion, and sweet peppers
- - Pour the melted butter all over the mixture
- - Sprinkle the shredded cheese (of your choice) over that layer
- - Have your eggs whisked with the milk, and pour over mixture
- - Top with the bread chopped into cubes
- - Generously sprinkle with fresh black ground pepper
- Step four - cover and leave in fridge or freeze for a later date
- Step five - thaw and or bake in oven at 350 degrees for an hour.
The Cookwoodzie Carleton Place, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!