Queso DipFrom Redsfantracy 1 year ago
- 1 big block of Velveeta shopping list
- 1/2 c. (4 oz.) sour cream shopping list
- 1 large tomato, finely diced shopping list
- 1 medium white onion; finely minced shopping list
- 1 c. jalapenos; I use fresh if I have them; finely diced shopping list
- 3 T. jalapeno juice from jarred jalapenos shopping list
- 1 small can green chili peppers (diced) shopping list
- 2 T. cilantro (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cube up the Velveeta and place in large pot on the stove. Start to heat on a medium/low temperature, stirring frequently. Add sour cream. Stir until melted throughout the cheese.
- As this is slowly cooking, and I am frequently stirring, I use a chopper for my onion, tomato, and jalapeno. I chop them all together. Just make sure you preserve the tomato juices. That helps thin the dip out. Add the tomato, onion, pepper mixture, and the green chilies into the cheese. Add cilantro here if you are using it. Stir until thoroughly blended. Simmer a little while, still stirring frequently so it doesn't scorch.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.