Taco PolacoFrom champagnetime 2 years ago
- 1 lb smoked Polish sausage shopping list
- 2 flour tortillas shopping list
- Grainy brown mustard or Polish Mustard Sauce shopping list
- Sweet Bavarian kraut or sauerkraut, drained shopping list
- caramelized onion shopping list
- horseradish with beets - Ćwikła shopping list
- Smoked Polish cheese of choice, grated ( I used Provolone) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. If sausage isn't cut into links, divide it into 2 (1/2-pound pieces). If you like your sausage charred on all sides, split it in half but not all the way through. Grill outdoors or on a tabletop grill until hot and sizzling.
- 2. Spread mustard down the center of the tortillas. Place 1 grilled sausage piece on top of the mustard. Top with drained kraut, followed by caramelized onions, horseradish with beets and cheese of choice. Enjoy!
- Horseradish with Beets:
- Makes about 2 cups
- 2 medium beets, cooked, peeled, and left whole
- 1/4 cup finely grated, fresh horseradish, peeled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Using a box grater over a medium size bowl, grate the whole beets alternating between the coarse and fine sides of the grater.
- Add horseradish, sugar, salt, and vinegar and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.