Creamy Chicken EnchiladasFrom CaraSings 2 years ago
- • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts –cooked ** shopping list
- • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more….) shopping list
- • 8-10 large tortillas shopping list
- • 1 14 oz. can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- • 1 4 oz. can chopped green chilies shopping list
- • 1 cup sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Lightly spray 9 x 13 baking dish with non-fat cooking spray.
- Shred chicken or cut into small chunks and place in a medium bowl. Toss with cheddar cheese.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly among tortillas and roll up. Place seam-side down in prepared pan (you could put a little salsa in each one if you like, or onions/peppers….).
- In a small bowl, combine soup, chilies, and sour cream and blend well. Pour soup mixture over tortillas and sprinkle with extra cheese if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through. Serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole….
- **Directions to poach chicken: Place chicken breasts in a large soup pot or Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring water to a boil over high heat; reduce to medium-high and cook 25 to 30 minutes, until chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove chicken from pot and cool slightly.
- Prepare as indicated, but cover pan tightly with foil and freeze. Move from freezer to refrigerator the night before you plan on serving, then cook as directed.