Hush PuppiesFrom rodeogirl73 7 years ago
- 2 cups yellow corn meal shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- boiling water shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in fryer to 375°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients except the baking powder.
- Pour in enough hot water to make a thick mush, making sure all ingredients are moistened.
- Add milk, egg and baking powder and mix thoroughly.
- Drop hush puppies into oil (use a melon baller if you have one) and fry until golden brown.
- Good to serve with Catfish, or any other soul food.
The Cookrodeogirl73 Tacoma, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!