Garlic, Ginger And Black Pepper Pork BurgersFrom sitbynellie 2 years ago
- 500 g. minced pork (17.86 oz. US) shopping list
- a 2" stout piece of ginger, peeled and grated – gives about 1½ tbsps. (see first little photo above) shopping list
- 8 cloves garlic, minced (or even more, if you want!!) shopping list
- finely-grated zest of ½ lemon shopping list
- 1 tsp. whole-grain mustard shopping list
- a generous sprinkle of fine salt shopping list
- ¾ tsp. black pepper powder, or more to taste shopping list
- 45 g. (1.61 oz. US) white breadcrumbs shopping list
- 2-3 small handfuls (about 75 g.) (2.6 oz. US) shredded mature Cheddar (or use combination of Cheddar and Parmesan) shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- the same amount of white wine (optional – I didn't use this) shopping list
- neutral-flavoured oil shopping list
How to make it
- Put the pork in a large bowl.
- Combine in a small bowl the ginger, garlic, lemon zest, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Have ready to hand also: the breadcrumbs, grated cheese, lemon juice and wine (if using).
- Add to the pork roughly a third of the garlic mixture, breadcrumbs, cheese and lemon juice/wine See Photo. Mix thoroughly with one or two forks, or your hands. Repeat until the ingredients are all mixed in.
- Divide the mixture into patties. I have a dedicated ice-cream scoop for the job of measuring out the mixture, to get them all the same size - I hoick out a piece about a scoop and a half in size, and roll into a rough ball about 2" across, and then on the plate, I flatten it a bit so it's a patty about ¾" thick and 3¼" across. This gives me nine patties See Photo. I put them in the fridge for about 30 minutes - 1 hour to chill and firm up. I made another batch next day and used a ⅓ cup measure; a scant ⅓ cup also gives about nine patties.
- Fry a little bit of the mixture to taste for seasoning See Photo. At this thickness they'll take about 13 minutes to pan-fry in the oil on a medium-low heat See Photo. Cut one open to check for done-ness. Serve any way you like,
- Notes: This is seriously garlicky. My eyes were watering as I prepared it, although it is so much quicker now using my handy little Garlic Zoom! I used six gigantic fat cloves and two big ones, which probably equates to about a dozen normal-sized cloves See Photo. Please yourself! You could adjust this yourself, to your taste. Maybe a little white wine in the mixture?
- The minced pork I had looked suspiciously lean, so I added some grated cheese as a way of 'fattening them up' and making them more juicy.
- The original recipe calls for 1½ tsps. black pepper powder but I halved this as Tom is but a tenderfoot when it comes to spices. Again, please yourself.
- Serve with burger buns and fixings of your choice, or on a plate with whatever sides you fancy.
- Or, just do what we do and just stuff them in your face with your hands.
The Cooksitbynellie Glasgow, GB
Low GI/Diabetic Diet35 members
Low Carb113 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb122 members
Pork To Go99 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Its The Great Garlic Charlie Brown16 members
Too Much Pork For Just One Fork15 members
Mans Food22 members
Meats That Are Minced23 members
Checkins the Next Chapter12 members