Spicy Caprese ToastsFrom keni 3 years ago
- 1lb loaf French bread cut into 12 "rounds" shopping list
- 12 fresh mozzarella medalions shopping list
- 12 medium fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 12 slices smallish tomatoes shopping list
- 1 red onion sliced thinnly into half or quarter rings to fit the bread rounds shopping list
- chili infused olive oil shopping list
- balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Drizzle bread rounds with olive oil.
- Toast in a 400 oven for about 5 minutes until just starting to dry.
- Remove from oven and add a medallion of cheese, top with a basil leave, a slice of tomato and a couple slices of red onion.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and return to oven for another 5-7 minutes or so, until cheese is starting to melt.