Summer Blueberry Hummingbird CakeFrom midgelet 2 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract or almond flavor shopping list
- 1 large ripe peach chopped ( I leave the skin on ) shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple with some juice shopping list
- 2 ripe bananas,bite size chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, almond flour, sugar, salt , baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add eggs and oil and vanilla
- Stir until dry ingredients are moistened and well combined
- Blend in the blueberries, bananas, peach and pineapple, batter will loosen up
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- OR 1, 9 x 13 pan, Or 1 bundt pan
- Bake at 350-degrees until tooth-pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Usually 25-30 minutes for layers and longer baking for oblong and bundt pans.
- Remove from cake or bundt pan(s) and let cool completely on wire racks
- Oblong cake-let cool in pan.
- Fill, frost or glaze cooled cake as desired.
- Better if served the following day
- Note: Normally a cream cheese frosting is used for hummingbird cake recipe.
- I used a granulated sugar glaze ( sugar, vanilla and half and half ) since I thought cake was flavorful enough and only needed a glaze
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!