Pomegranate Honey CakeFrom midgelet 6 months ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup oil shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup honey shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 3 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup bottled pomegranate juice shopping list
- For the glaze: shopping list
- 1/2 cup bottled pomegranate juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar, shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 4 Tbs powdered sugar shopping list
- pomegranate ariels( seeds ) from one fresh pomegranate shopping list
How to make it
- Use a hand mixer beat eggs and sugar until smooth.
- Add oil, pomegranate juice , vanilla , honey and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and slowly add to liquid ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a well greased and floured Bundt pan, place pan on center oven shelf
- Bake at 350 degrees until tested done with a wooden toothpick
- Cover with foil last 15 minutes if browning to fast
- Cool pan on cake rack
- Mix glaze ingredients well and pour slowly over warm cake
- Let cake cool in pan and carefully remove cake from pan to a serving plate
- Decorate with pomegranate seeds as desired
- Note: I used a decorative bundt pan but presented the cake with the flatter side ( instead of tower side ) up so I could decorate it better with the seeds.
- Cake tastes best when allowed to mellow overnight and wrapped in foil