Duck TacosFrom champagnetime 2 years ago
- For the Salsa: shopping list
- 1 large poblano shopping list
- 1/2 lb plum tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 lb tomatillos, husked shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, unpeeled shopping list
- Pinch red chili flakes shopping list
- 1 large scallion or 5 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice shopping list
- salt and a pinch of sugar shopping list
- ------- shopping list
- For duck filling: shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups duck meat shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder shopping list
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed shopping list
- cilantro sprigs, for serving (since my cilantro is frozen and not pretty for garnish, I chopped the frozen up and added to the salsa – about 1/4 cup. shopping list
How to make it
- Roast the poblano directly over a gas flame or under the broiler, turning, until charred. Let cool. Peel, seed and chop the poblano.
- Preheat oven broiler until hot. For easy clean up, line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Put tomatoes, tomatillos and garlic and put under broil. Broil turning the vegetables a couple of times until charred. Peel the garlic; transfer to a food processor. Add the tomatoes, tomatillos, poblano, red pepper flakes and scallion (or green onion) and pulse until chunky. Add the lime juice and season the salsa with salt and just a little sugar.
- Shred the duck meat. Put in a small baking dish and combine with the soy sauce and five-spice powder. Heat in a small skillet stovetop; in a small baking dish in the oven; or, heat quickly in a microwave oven just until heated through.
- Serve the tortillas with the salsa, duck, and cilantro.