Southern Biscuit MuffinsFrom midgelet 2 months ago
How to make it
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, lump free
- Work the butter in by hand until mixture forms coarse cornmeal, no large lumps
- Gradually stir in enough cold milk only mixing only till ingredients are moistened
- DO NOT OVER MIX.
- You won't have a true biscuit dough, but a sticky batter kind of consistency which is spoon-able.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin cups
- Bake 350F until golden
- Finished muffins should have a thick crust with cake like center
- Serve warm
- My notes: I substituted buttermilk for the cold milk
- I used 1 Tbs baking powder plus 1 tsp baking soda
- My muffins were baked in a larger muffin tin and took about 20-25 minutes until golden and tested done.
- I had 9 larger muffins than the standard 12
- These are slightly sweet and go great with butter and jam!