Southern Biscuit MuffinsFrom midgelet 2 years ago
How to make it
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, lump free
- Work the butter in by hand until mixture forms coarse cornmeal, no large lumps
- Gradually stir in enough cold milk only mixing only till ingredients are moistened
- DO NOT OVER MIX.
- You won't have a true biscuit dough, but a sticky batter kind of consistency which is spoon-able.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin cups
- Bake 350F until golden
- Finished muffins should have a thick crust with cake like center
- Serve warm
- My notes: I substituted buttermilk for the cold milk
- I used 1 Tbs baking powder plus 1 tsp baking soda
- My muffins were baked in a larger muffin tin and took about 20-25 minutes until golden and tested done.
- I had 9 larger muffins than the standard 12
- These are slightly sweet and go great with butter and jam!
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
Well done biscuit recipe, will use for my sausage and biscuit recipe.schubo52 in North Chicago loved it