Chorizo QuesoFrom keni 1 year ago
- 1lb raw chorizo sausage, removed from casings shopping list
- 1 small onion, grated shopping list
- 14oz can(undrained) roasted diced tomatoes, or, 2 large home grown tomatoes, roasted and diced, shopping list
- 7-8oz diced green chilis(hot or mild, your call)-undrained if using canned shopping list
- 1lb melty mexican cheese(I used one called Quesadilla cheese:), grated shopping list
- 1/2lb pepperjack cheese, grated shopping list
- about 1/2 cup half and half, cream or evaporated milk(regular milk may curddle) shopping list
- 2t ground cumin shopping list
- 2t ground coriander shopping list
How to make it
- In heavy skillet, cook sausage with onion until sausage is just done. No need to over brown. (add a lil olive oil to the pan, if needed)
- Combine meat/onion mixture with all other ingredients, expect half and half or cream, in small slow cooker.
- Heat on high for about 4 hours, stirring once in a while, until smooth and melted.
- Add the milk prior to serving to thin out dip a lil bit to desired consistency.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.