Blueberry Pomegranate ButterFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (unthawed) wild blueberries shopping list
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and diced shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp allspice shopping list
- pinch nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all the ingredients except vanilla in a heavy bottomed sauce pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer 1 - 1 1/2 hours, stirring frequently to prevent sticking and mashing the fruit against the sides of the pot to smooth it out.
- The butter is done when it is thick and spreadable. Just before canning, stir in vanilla.
- Can in a water bath for 15 minutes or spoon into clean jars and keep in the fridge up to 6 weeks.