Chimichurri SauceFrom deedeec 3 years ago
- 2 cups fresh parsley or cilantro shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper (or to taste) shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano (or 4 tsp dried oregano) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 cup olive oil (I prefer extra virgin) shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor combine parsley, oregano, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Pulse until well chopped. Add lime and vinegar and pulse again until well combined. Add olive oil and blend until an emulsion. Serve immediately drizzled on steak or fajitas.
- NOTE: I made this with Cilantro today, I didn't have any fresh parsley but I had a lot of cilantro. The taste wasn't quite what I am used to with classic chimichurri, but I had some dried parsley. I went ahead and added about 4 Tbsp to the sauce and blended that in the food processor and it came out fantastic.
The Cookdeedeec Seattle, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!