My Mexican RiceFrom CooKnCort83 1 year ago
- 1 Cup of white long grain rice shopping list
- Half a yellow onion( more, less, or none. depending on your preference, we love onions) shopping list
- 1-2 teaspoons minced/crushed garlic(or 1 clove) shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt & pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp cumin( I never measure I just shake it in) shopping list
- 1 boulion cube or 1 tsp of powder boulion shopping list
- 1/2 can tomato sauce or 2-3 roma tomatoes boiled and blended up. shopping list
- 1 jalepeno or serrano chili pepper (optional) shopping list
- 2 cups of hot water, I add my boulion to my water so it starts to disolve. shopping list
How to make it
- Brown rice on low for about 15-20 mins, I like to brown mine on low and very slow. It makes the rice turn out not mushy.
- Add Salt, pepper, and cumin, stir rice about every 5 mins or so to brown.
- Turn heat up to high
- Imediatly, Add onion and garlic,( if using a whole clove add after you add water.) Stir onion and garlic for about 20 secs.
- Add water, tomato sauce, and your pepper, ONE STIR ONLY just to blend up the ingrediants, DO NOT STIR after this. Rice will be ruined, this is the key to having perfect rice. NO STIRRING.
- Cover and reduce heat to low/simmer, for about 10-15 mins,
- I check my rice at the end a lil taste if its tender, and by seeing all absorbed water.
- Remove from heat and I always uncover to let it steam off so it does not continue to cook then serve or you can recover after it cools off.
- I hope y'all enjoy this recipe as much as Mi Familia does.
The CookCooKnCort83 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!