Chicken Tortilla SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 5 months ago
- 1 tbsp olive or canola oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 8 oz carrots, diced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 8 oz diced, cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- ½ tbsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tbsp paprika shopping list
- ½ tsp smoked paprika shopping list
- ¼ tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- ¼ tsp dried oregano shopping list
- ½ tsp ancho chile pepper shopping list
- ½ tsp jalapeno chile powder shopping list
- ¼ tsp celery seed shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 3 cups (1 19-oz can) no-salt-added red kidney beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 ½ cups roasted diced tomatoes, homemade or canned and drained (just watch the salt) shopping list
- ¼ cup coarse cornmeal shopping list
- 2 tbsp lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots and pepper and cook, stirring often, for about 7-8 minutes (until the onion begins to colour).
- Add the garlic, chicken and spices and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the salt, beans, broth, water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cornmeal and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
Good To Freeze126 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Dairy Free110 members
The Art Of Healthy Living58 members