Scallops In A Chunky Tomato Vodka Salsa & Crispy BaconFrom twill10 10 months ago
- scallops in a Chunky Tomato vodka salsa & Crispy Bacon shopping list
- Yields 4 servings as an appetizer shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- For Scallops: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil or olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 8 large sea scallops (about a pound) shopping list
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste shopping list
- For Tomato vodka Sauce: shopping list
- 2 strips of bacon, sliced thin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or olive oil shopping list
- 2 serrano chiles sliced into thin rings shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/3 cup shallots, minced shopping list
- 20 grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise shopping list
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste shopping list
- juice of 3 key limes or 1 regular lime shopping list
- 1/3 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/8 cup vodka, or you can use chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro shopping list
- scallops in a Chunky Tomato vodka salsa & Crispy Bacon: shopping list
- http://www.hispanickitchen.com/profiles/blogs/scallops-in-a-chunky-tomato-vodka-salsa-crispy-bacon shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Transfer the scallops to a plate and remove any extra moisture by patting them with paper towels. Set aside and let them come to room temperature while you prepare the sauce.
- 2. Preheat small skillet for 3 minutes, cook the bacon until crispy, transfer to plate lined with paper towels, set aside.
- 3. In another pan, preheat 2 tablespoons of oil to medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the serrano, garlic and shallots and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, season lightly with salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes. Add in the lime juice, broth, vodka and butter. Stir well to combine and continue cooking until sauce reduces. Taste for salt and pepper, add in the cilantro during the last few minutes of cooking time.
- 4. When sauce is almost ready, preheat 3 tablespoons of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to medium/high heat for 3 minutes. Season the scallops lightly with salt and pepper on both sides. Add to hot pan and sear for about 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and transfer to serving plate, pour warm chunky sauce over the tops of scallops and garnish with crispy bacon. Serve with slices of crusty bread, such as French baguette, or with corn tostadas. Yields 4 servings as an appetizer.
- Notes: This same dish can be prepared with shrimp and white fish as well.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!