Leek And Sausage SoupFrom chuckieb 3 years ago
- 1/4 cup margarine shopping list
- 2 cups sliced leeks (white part only) shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots shopping list
- 3/4 cup sliced celery shopping list
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4-5 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes shopping list
- 1/4 lb. sausage (I use turkey kielbasa) cut in small chunks shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. ground marjoram shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat: cook leeks, carrots and celery until softened but not browned.
- Add flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Blend in chicken stock. Add potatoes and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Use a stick blender to puree the soup until chunks are removed and soup is thick.
- Add sausage, salt, marjoram, and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.