Taco MeatloafFrom chefmeow 1 month ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 red pepper, cored and chopped shopping list
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1-2 fresh jalapeno cored and diced shopping list
- 1-2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 28 ounce can peeled, crushed tomatoes , drained shopping list
- 1 pound ground sirloin shopping list
- ½ pound ground round or ground chuck shopping list
- ½ pound spicy Italian breakfast sausage shopping list
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen and defrosted shopping list
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large, heavy pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, bell pepper, garlic, jalapenos or Serrano chiles, and seasonings until beginning to soften and onion becomes translucent (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add tomatoes and cook at low temperature, covered, for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef, sausage, vegetable mixture, bread crumbs, eggs, corn and green onion; mix until fully combined.
- Divide evenly into 2 9×5 loaf pans. Bake for 50 minutes. Drain any juices, spread grated cheddar cheese evenly on the tops of the loaves and bake until melted. Allow to cool slightly before serving (10 minutes).
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!