Chocolate Italian Love CakeFrom Redsfantracy 10 months ago
- •1 package chocolate cake mix , and the ingredients needed to make the cake according to the package shopping list
- •2 lbs. ricotta cheese shopping list
- •4 eggs shopping list
- •¾ cup sugar shopping list
- •1 tsp. pure vanilla extract shopping list
- •1 (5.1 oz.) package instant chocolate pudding mix shopping list
- •1 cup cold milk shopping list
- •8 oz. Cool Whip shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350*F and spray a 9×13 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together your cake mix according to the directions on the box. Set aside.
- 3. In another bow, using a hand mixer, beat together the ricotta cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. I added a splash of almond extract too.
- 4. *The following directions are correct. The layers switch during the baking time!
- 5. Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking dish. Spread to fill the pan evenly. Once the cake batter is in place, carefully pour the cheese mixture evenly over the top of the cake batter. Spread to cover the cake batter as best as you can.
- 6.Bake the cake at 350* for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- 7.Once the cake is cool, stir the pudding mix and milk together with a whisk until combined. Carefully, fold the Cool Whip into the pudding until combined.
- 8.Spread the pudding mixture over the top of the cooled cake. Cover the cake and refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving. It tastes even better the next day.