Poutine Au PoivreFrom sckewer 1 year ago
How to make it
- Slice your potatoes into fries
- Strain and pat dry the fries.
- Bring a skillet with butter or garlic butter to its smoking point
- Bring either an oven or a pot with 3-4 inches of peanut oil to 375 Fahrenheit, you can test the oil by dropping a pinch of flour in to see if it sizzles.
- put the steaks in the pan and the fries in the oil.
- Cook the steaks to desired finish, flipping frequently, since we're slicing it up and pan cooking to boot the marks don't make a difference, and even if the juice leaks out into the pan this way(it doesn't) that's just flavouring the gravy, so it wouldn't matter. Remove the steaks to a cutting board and tent foil over them for 5 minutes, turn the heat down to low.
- When the fries are golden brown, use tongs to check that they are crisp, then use a wire mesh basket to remove them from the oil, and rest them on a paper towel. Season the fries with you're favourite seasoning salt.
- Deglaze the pan with beef stock, add the green peppercorns and cream, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Slice up the steaks about 1/2 inch, or 1 cm
- divide the fries between two bowls, and cover each in cheese curds and steak, then pour the au poivre sauce over and serve. If you prefer you can pour the sauce through a strainer before to get rid of the peppercorns as you've cooked the flavour out of them, mostly.
The Cooksckewer Guelph, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!