Creamy Cheese Grit Squares With Creamy Green Onion SauceFrom dmajor 1 year ago
- 3 cups cooked grits shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter, melted shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup half and half shopping list
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- Cream sauce shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 1 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- Dash creole seasoning shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl mix together ingredients for grits except cheese.
- Spread into pan and refrigerate until hardened, about 30 minute to an hour.
- Remove and cut into squares
- Melt butter in saucepan
- Add green onions and sauté until slightly tender, about 2 minutes
- Stir in seasonings and heavy cream
- Cook over med low for three to four minutes and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Sprinkle grits with cheese and bake ten to twelve minutes or until cheese is melted and grits are hot.
- Serve one square with a little sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with parsley if Desired
- If you prefer a little heat, add some diced jalapeño to the pan while sautéing green onions, about a teaspoon
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!