Beef BourguignonFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- 125 g streaky bacon, chopped shopping list
- 2 lb beef stewing cubes shopping list
- 2 (10-oz) cans beef broth shopping list
- 1 cup Burgundy wine shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- ½ tsp thyme, crushed shopping list
- 5 large carrots, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 8 whole pearl onions shopping list
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 3 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large Dutch oven, sauté bacon until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Brown beef cubes in bacon fat and drain thoroughly.
- Add back bacon, broth, wine, garlic and thyme.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Add carrots, onions and mushrooms, re-cover and bake 1 hour more.
- Blend cornstarch and water, stir into the baked mixture until thickened.
- Serve over hot mashed potatoes or rice.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
Even tho it is now the 'HOT Weather'
season, this recipe sounds so good!
It is easy and I am sure very
A "5" FORKS !
....mjcmcook....mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
On A Budget559 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Whole Foods142 members
Just Love To Cook48 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Seasonally Winter73 members
Dairy Free110 members