Cioppino -- Italian Fish Stew RecipeFrom twill10 1 year ago
- Cioppino -- Italian fish Stew Recipe shopping list
- Guest Author - Paula Laurita shopping list
- thx to Bellaonline.com shopping list
- This wonderful Italian fish stew is actually from the US. It's a credit to Italian cooking traditions. shopping list
- This stew is based on the common Italian Zuppa di Pesca or "Soup of Seafood". This stew is cooked as specialties all along the coasts of Italy. shopping list
- In San Francisco's fishermen and their families have been Italian, and Portuguese, for generations, and Cioppino is derived from the old fishing and cooking traditions of Italian immigrants. shopping list
- Cioppino shopping list
- fish Stew shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 3 Cups tomato juice shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp rosemary shopping list
- 1 tsp marjoram shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- ½ pound fresh fish (flounder, haddock, perch), boned and cut into 1" pieces shopping list
- ½ cup red wine shopping list
- 6 clams in the shell, scrubbed clean shopping list
- 1 pound shrimp, in the shell shopping list
- 2 Tbs parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated shopping list
- 6 parsley sprigs, chopped shopping list
- 8 lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Place tomato juice in a pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add onion, celery, rosemary, marjoram, oregano, garlic, and fish to the pot and simmer, covered, for an hour to thicken broth.
- Add the wine, shrimp, and clams and heat to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the shrimp just turn pink.
- Serve in heated bowls, topped with cheese, a wedge of lemon, and parsley.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!