Aioli RecipeFrom twill10 2 years ago
- Aioli Recipe: shopping list
- This aioli has the wonderful zest of lemon to enhance the rich garlic and egg base. Serve it with seafood or as a thickener for fish stew. shopping list
- Prep Time: 5 minutes shopping list
- Cook Time: 10 minutes shopping list
- Total Time: 15 minutes shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 10 cloves garlic, center removed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/16 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest shopping list
- ¼ cup lemon juice shopping list
- 6 tablespoons water shopping list
- 4 large egg yolks shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 4/5 cup light olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water in a double-boiler pan to a simmer. Puree garlic, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice, water, egg yolks, and mustard in a blender. Scrape contents of blender into the top of double boiler and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture tests 150 degrees on an instant-read thermometer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, set mixture aside and allow to cool to room temperature. Pour oil into the garlic mixture in a slow, steady stream, while whisking constantly. Chill and use within 24 hours.
- Makes 8 servings.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!