Pink Popcorn CandyFrom jo_jo_ba 3 months ago
- 12 cups (3.6 oz) popped popcorn shopping list
- 1 ½ cups sugar shopping list
- ½ cup vanilla sugar shopping list
- ⅔ cup whole milk shopping list
- 2 tbsp golden corn syrup shopping list
- ¼ tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- ½ dram concentrated cherry flavour shopping list
- 3 drops liquid red food colouring shopping list
How to make it
- Place popcorn in a food processor and pulse until broken up into small “pebbles”. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan combine sugars, milk, corn syrup and salt. Place over medium heat and cook until sugar dissolves.
- Raise heat and bring mixture to a slow boil. Cook until the temperature reaches 230F, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, cherry flavour and food coloring.
- Pour over the popcorn “pebbles” and stir well to coat.
- Pour onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and let stand overnight.
- Heat the oven to 300F. Bake the sheet of popcorn for 15 minutes, until lightly golden and no longer super sticky on top.
- Flip the piece of candy (it should be essentially a solid mass) and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let cool completely inside.