Sweet Potato Bacon HashFrom hollyeats 3 months ago
How to make it
- Slice the bacon into strips, peel and dice the sweet potatoes into 1/2" cubes, peel and dice the onion.
- In a large frying pan, fry the bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon to a small plate; retain fat in pan.
- Add the sweet potato cubes, salt and pepper, and coat evenly with the bacon fat, turning until sizzling (1-2 minutes).
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer cubes, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes or until sweet potatoes are almost cooked through and water has evaporated.
- Add the onion and butter to the pan and fry this mixture, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft and potatoes are done but not mushy.
- Add the bacon, toss and re-heat; drizzle syrup over, toss again and serve piping hot.
The Cookhollyeats Shaftesbury, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!