Mexican Red RiceFrom twill10 10 months ago
- Mexican Red rice shopping list
- http://www.hispanickitchen.com shopping list
- Yields up to 10 servings shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 cups of long-grain rice (I like to use jasmine rice) shopping list
- 4 cups of chicken broth shopping list
- ½ cup of tomato sauce or 3 fresh roma tomatoes, blended shopping list
- 1 medium white onion, diced shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons each of cumin, garlic powder and salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup of peas and carrots, defrosted shopping list
- Chopped cilantro, optional shopping list
- olive oil or canola oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large pan, heat 3 tablespoons of oil to medium heat, add the rice and saute for a few minutes until the rice becomes aromatic and slightly opaque. Add the onions and the garlic and cook for just 1 minute. Add all the dry spices and stir well to combine. Add the tomato sauce and broth, stir well and taste for salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes without disturbing the rice.
- 2. Add the peas and carrots evenly to the top of the rice. Cover and continue cooking until all of the liquid has evaporated. Total cooking time is about 20 minutes or so. (If rice doesn't look like it is cooking evenly, gently stir with a fork and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of broth or water, cover and continue cooking.)
- 3. Remove from heat once liquid has evaporated and let stand for 10 minutes. When ready to serve, fluff with a fork and fold in the fresh cilantro if using. Yields up to 10 servings.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!