Leftover Lamb StewFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 2 tbsp camelina or olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 6 oz carrots, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs red skinned new potatoes, halved or quartered if large shopping list
- 1 lb roasted lamb meat, cubed shopping list
- 1 (12 oz) can or bottle India Pale Ale shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 tbsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp coarse-ground black pepper shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 3 tbsp brown Veloutine (or cornstarch + water for slurry) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large, heavy bottomed Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic, carrots and potatoes and cook just until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the lamb, IPA, water, thyme and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3 hours, until meat begins to fall apart and vegetables are tender.
- Uncover, add salt to taste and bring to a boil.
- Add Veloutine or cornstarch slurry and cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened.