Chickpea Avocado SaladFrom lilbeesie 3 years ago
- 1 540ml (19oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 4 cups shredded cabbage shopping list
- 2 avocados, chopped shopping list
- 4 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped (I used the ones in oil) shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tbsp white balsamic or apple cider vinegar shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare all of the ingredients:
- Shred the cabbage, if necessary. I used a coleslaw mix to save time.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Chop the herbs.
- Chop the sundried tomatoes and green onions. Save the oil from the sundried tomatoes to add to the vinaigrette.
- Chop the avocados into cubes.
- Throw the cabbage, chickpeas, tomatoes, onions, and avocados in a bowl.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking the oils, dijon, balsamic, herbs, and salt and pepper together.
- Pour the dressing over the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Gently mix everything together.