Turkey Chili with Four BeansFrom pinchmysalt 10 years ago
- 1 lb. ground turkey shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 bottle of beer shopping list
- 1 chopped onion shopping list
- 1 chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 can kidney beans (drained and rinsed) shopping list
- 1 can pinto beans (drained and rinsed) shopping list
- 1 'small' can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed) shopping list
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed) shopping list
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can water or broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 t. cumin shopping list
- 1 cup of frozen or canned corn (frozen is better) shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 T. chili powder shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot or dutch oven, saute the peppers and onions in olive oil until slightly limp.
- Add turkey and cook it until almost almost done.
- Now add in the beer (!), bring to a boil then let simmer for a few minutes until turkey is entirely cooked.
- Go ahead and add in all the beans, tomatoes and water as well as seasonings.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes (or even longer if you have the extra time...will taste much better).
- If necessary, the chili can be thickened with tomato paste or thinned with water.
- Add corn about 15 minutes before serving.
- This chili tastes wonderful as a leftover.
The Cookpinchmysalt Sicily, IT
The Rating5 people
you have some very good recipes and right up my street. thank a lot.
jamesj in belfast loved it
I enjoyed this tonight, the beans really made it a fulfilling meal, and the beer (I used a dark Amber Bock) really gave it dimension. I added jalapeno peppers to mine, as I like a bit of heat with my chili.mattjb in Plant City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!