Mojito ShrimpFrom RepentedHipster 3 years ago
- 1.5 pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined, 21-30 shopping list
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, fresh shopping list
- 20 leaves mint, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 each shallot, sliced shopping list
- 1/3 cup light rum shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, grated shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Kosher or regular table salt shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Shrimp Prepare grill for high direct heat. Put shrimp and marinade (shown below) in 1 gallon resealable plastic bag and leave at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and reserve marinade. Thread shrimp onto 6 or 7 skewers.
- Arrange shrimp on grill and baste with reserved marinate. Close lid and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn shrimp, baste again, close lid and cook another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp skewers to platter, drizzle with lime juice and garnish with mint sprigs.
- 2. Mojito marinade Combine 20 chopped fresh mint leaves, sugar, and 1 thinly sliced shallot in a shallow bowl. Crush with a wooden spoon or muddler.
- Whisk in 1/3 cup light rum, 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice, 1 tbsp. vegetable oil, 1 tsp. grated lime zest, and 1 tsp. Kosher salt. Whisk until salt dissolves.
- Makes about 1 cup for up to 1 ½ lb.. shrimp.
The CookRepentedHipster Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!