Orange Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom christinem 1 year ago
- 2 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 tsp orange extract shopping list
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest shopping list
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk or sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; blend in eggs, on at a time, then the extracts and zest. Beat until well-blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture (I add a third at a time) beating until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop on parchment-lined baking sheets by heaping tablespoonfuls or cookie scoop, 2" apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet, then remove to cool completely in wire racks.
- Store in an airtight container once completely cooled.
- (These also freeze well!)