Roberto’s Sparagio Fritzi (fried Asparagus Patties)From champagnetime 8 months ago
- 1 bundle fresh asparagus shopping list
- 10 slices prosciutto (none – used spicy turkey sausage) shopping list
- grated Parmesan (none – used feta) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 eggs beaten shopping list
- olive oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Wash the Asparagus, trim the tough ends then parboil for about 10 minutes drain, cool and chop coarsely. Chop the prosciutto into small pieces Combine the chopped asparagus, ham, garlic, good shot of Parmesan, eggs, salt & pepper, mix well and form into patties about the size of a hamburger. Put your breadcrumbs in a dish and gently place the patties in the crumbs and spoon crumbs over to coat and pat gently to make it stick. (Using sausage, I cooked it up ahead of time)
- Fry in hot olive oil till golden season with a little more S&P and serve hot.
- My note: I didn't think the patties had cooked long enough as I was browning them, so transferred to a baking sheet and finished them in the oven for a few minutes.
- Roberto’s notes: Mom used to put a few drops of vinegar on hers I preferred a little tobasco sauce I could never get Grandma to add crushed red pepper to the patties Wats a matta you? you father won'ta mangiarre it if it'sa too spicy!"
- Roberto - 11/13/2004
- Leftover idea: I had 2 patties left and they made great sliders – with a little Smoked Ketchup (see recipe)