Bruschetta with Sun-Dried Tomato Relish Roasted Garlic and BrieFrom chefcarolyn 10 years ago
- Tomato Relish: shopping list
- • 2 T balsamic vinegar shopping list
- • 3 T olive oil shopping list
- • 4 finely chopped kalamata olives shopping list
- • 4 cups diced tomatoes shopping list
- • ¼ cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted or 3 T sun-dried tomato paste shopping list
- Roasted Garlic: shopping list
- • 3 bulbs garlic shopping list
- • olive oil for drizzling shopping list
- 4 oz Soft Brie or Chevre shopping list
- 1 loaf crusty bread, sliced on the diagonal shopping list
How to make it
- Combine vinegar, oil, olives, and sun-dried tomatoes. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover; chill.) Add fresh tomatoes; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Alternative – replace the olives with ½ cup finely diced mango and 2 T chopped cilantro.
- Cut the top off each garlic bulb (just to where the tops of each clove are showing). Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a foil square (about 10” x 10”) and enclose the garlic, sealing the foil. Place in a 375 F oven for 1 hour. Serve warm.
- Brie (or Chevre):
- Take 4 oz of soft brie and whip it until it is soft and creamy. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. If desired, add 4 oz whipped cream cheese.
- If using the mango relish alternative, substitute camembert or other sweeter cheese for the brie.
- 1 loaf French Bread or rustic Italian Bread, sliced on the diagonal, brushed with olive oil and slightly toasted.
- To Serve:
- On a platter, arrange the bread around one side, place the garlic in the middle. On the other side, mound the relish and place a container of brie. If desired, garnish the plate with sprigs of parsley.
The Cookchefcarolyn Oklahoma City, OK
The Rating5 people
The restaurant is on the 16th street mall - Appaloosa.chefcarolyn in Oklahoma City loved it
Looks terrific, just need to roast/toast that bread to mAke it really crispy! Thanksnickmoul in harrogate loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!