Creamy Tomato SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 1 tbsp salted butter shopping list
- 1 large, sweet onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 (29-oz) can or 2 (14.5-oz) cans fire roasted or no-salt-added whole tomatoes (or 4 cups roasted-cherry-tomatoes.html">Canned roasted Cherry Tomatoes, which I used) shopping list
- 3 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1 cup gluten-free, low-sodium vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 cup 1% milk shopping list
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt (I used Yoghurt With Variations) shopping list
- 1 tsp raw sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp dried lemon thyme (or regular thyme) shopping list
- 3 tbsp fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and cook 2 minutes longer, until fragrant.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, partially cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With an immersion blender (or in batches with a standard blender or food processor), puree smooth.
- Serve hot - this also freezes well (simply stir thoroughly after thawing).
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Soup Is Good Food564 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Family Favourites134 members
Garden Harvest90 members
School Lunches And Snacks76 members
The Art Of Healthy Living58 members