Brown Sugar CookiesFrom champagnetime 11 months ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Melt sugar and butter in a saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved – but, do not allow to boil.
- Let cool, then add the egg and combine well.
- Mix the flour with the salt and baking powder and add to the sugar mixture.
- Add the nuts and vanilla.
- Spread in an 8- or 9-inch greased baking pan and bake 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares and let cool in pan. Makes 25 squares.
- a Chef’s Journey Family recipe