Sweet Potato BiscuitsFrom efitobx 5 months ago
How to make it
- 1. Place sifter in a large mixing bowl.
- 2. Add flour, sugar and cinnamon. Sift together into bowl.
- 3. Create a well in the middle of the flour.
- 4. Add lard, baked sweet potato and buttermilk.
- 5. Squish wet ingredients between fingers until fairly smooth.
- 6. Stir the wet ingredients into the flour using a small circular motion. Draw the flour into the wet ingredients slowly as you continue to stir.
- 7. When the dough ball forms, flip the dough and knead it a few times, working in flour as needed until a soft, smooth dough ball is achieved. Use a light touch as you work without pressing the dough too hard.
- 8. Using one hand, lift the dough and gather a small amount of dough between fingers then, pinch it off.
- 9. Roll dough in the palms of your hand as if making a meatball.
- 10. Roll dough ball in the flour to coat evenly.
- 11. Pat the dough ball lightly in your hands to shape the biscuit. Don’t press it together hard.
- 12. Place the formed biscuit in a pan that has been lightly greased with lard.
- 13. Repeat the process until all dough is used.
- 14. Bake at 500º for about 8-10 minutes or until the tops start to lightly brown.
- 15. Remove from oven, brush with butter, cover with a clean cloth and let rest.
- 16. Serve warm and enjoy.
The Cookefitobx Norfolk, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!