Chocolate - Covered Coconut CandyFrom browneyegirl 4 months ago
- 2 sticks of room - temperature sweet butter shopping list
- 4 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 4 cups flaked coconut shopping list
- 7 ounces (1/2 can) sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- chocolate coating: shopping list
- 1 package semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares shopping list
- About a tablespoon of paraffin wax shavings shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.Add the coconut, milk and vanilla and stir until blended.Spread into a shallow pan (Melissa Birdsell use a small cookie sheet) and freeze.Cut into small squares and freeze again while you melt the chocolate.Place the chocolate chips, chocolate squares and paraffin wax in a double boiler (add the chocolate chips last as they don't take as long to melt).Dip the frozen squares into the chocolate and allow to dry (in the fridge works the best and the fastest).Makes about seven dozen candies.
- Note: Food-grade paraffin wax is a common ingredient in candy recipes as a preservative and to make the chocolate appear shiny.Find it in grocery stores near the canning jars and supplies.