Turkey MulligatawnyFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 2 tbsp coconut oil shopping list
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped finely shopping list
- 1 large carrot, diced shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 tbsp grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 serrano pepper, stemmed, seeded, and minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp coriander shopping list
- 1 tbsp cumin shopping list
- ½ tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 6 cups low sodium chicken or turkey stock shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 tsp dried calendula petals shopping list
- 1 ½ cups red lentils, yellow split peas, or a mix shopping list
- 1 cup brown basmati rice shopping list
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz) unsweetened canned coconut milk (lite is fine), well shaken shopping list
- ¼ cup lime juice shopping list
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey (I used a mix of light and dark) shopping list
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot (I used a cast iron Dutch oven) over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, garlic, ginger, and pepper and cook, stirring, until softened and lightly brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the coriander, cumin, cinnamon and turmeric. Cook 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the broth, water and calendula.
- Bring mixture to a boil and add the lentils, rice and applesauce.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- With an immersion blender (or in batches with a standard blender), puree until smooth.
- Add cilantro, coconut milk, lime juice and turkey meat. Place back over medium heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Good To Freeze128 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Soup Is Good Food564 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members