Creamy Blueberry Ice CreamFrom notyourmomma 3 months ago
- 1 pint of fresh blueberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup of water shopping list
- juice of one lemon shopping list
- zest of half lemon shopping list
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream (chilled) shopping list
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (chilled) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1 tsp of vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups of half and half (chilled) shopping list
- Favorite lemon bar recipe (I cheated and used Krusteaz) shopping list
- reserved blueberry syrup shopping list
- Cuisinart Ice Cream maker, with the frozen insert and paddle shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and stem berries. Add to sauce pan with sugar/water, lemon juice and zest. Heat gently til berries start to pop.
- Mash with potato masher. Chill overnight.
- Prep Ice cream cylinder by washing and freezing at least 24 hours.
- Strain berries and reserve liquid, separate from berries in refrigerator.
- In a large chilled glass bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks are formed.
- Add chilled sweet condensed milk, beat again on high until peaks are formed.
- Add half & half, vanilla and blend gently to combine.
- Assemble ice cream maker.
- The ice cream maker MUST be spinning before you add the ice cream mix.
- Add milk mix to churning ice cream maker, allow the churn to process at least ten minutes, add the reserved crushed blueberries and continue to process for another 20 minutes.
- Be careful there might be a more mix than can fit in the canister. I reserved the mix and will use it for a mix into mascarpone cheese with instant coffee for a tiramisu.....later, much later. Since there are no eggs in the ice cream mix, I feel it is safe to keep the cream mixture.
- Pack the ice cream in an air tight container and put in deep freeze to cure and harden for three hours.
- Will keep a month in deep freeze, if you are lucky.
- Dessert time, cut a square of lemon bar, top with scoop of blueberry ice cream and drizzle with blueberry syrup.