Seared Tequila Scallops In A Cilantro Chile SauceFrom twill10 6 months ago
- Seared Tequila Scallops in a cilantro Chile Sauce thx to Hispanic Kitchen. com shopping list
- Yields 4 to 6 servings shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 3 chile de arbol, crushed shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 pound jumbo sea scallops shopping list
- 1/4 cup silver tequila shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus more for garnish shopping list
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Along with the scallops, I prepared a quick saute of fresh corn, fresh chickpeas, peppers, onions, and garlic.
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the 1/3 cup olive oil, the lime juice, soy sauce, cilantro, chile de arbol and garlic. Season the scallops lightly with salt and pepper and add them to the marinade. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- 2. After 30 minutes, preheat 2 tablespoons of olive oil to medium/high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the scallops from the marinade and onto a plate while the oil heats up. Add the scallops to the hot pan and sear until browned and opaque in the center, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- 3. Transfer the scallops to a serving plate. Quickly add the butter to the same hot pan. Add the marinade leftover from bowl, tequila and juice of 1/2 a lemon. Cook at a low simmer to reduce the sauce slightly, taste for salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over scallops, and serve right away. Serve with rice or your favorite vegetable side.
- You must do this to prepare great seared scallops: Line a plate with paper towels, add the uncooked scallops and take a few layered paper towels and gently press and soak up any excess water in the scallops. You want them to be as dry as possible. If you do not want to cook with tequila, just add some chicken broth or white wine instead.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!