Garlic & Lemon PastinaFrom Alaik 7 months ago
- 12 oz. box of pastina shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest (about 2 medium lemons) shopping list
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (from same 2 medium lemons) shopping list
- 1 tsp veggie base for soup (can omit this, I just like the extra zing it gives) shopping list
- 1 & 1/2 cup cooking liquid (from pasta) shopping list
- about 12 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on size shopping list
- salt & pepper, to taste shopping list
- grated parmesean (optional) shopping list
- green onions or chives (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pastina according to the directions on the box.
- Drain and reserve the cooking liquid needed.
- In a separate sauce pan, combine oil and butter and melt together.
- Add garlic and saute until light golden brown.
- Add lemon zest, juice and veggie base (optional).
- Add cooking liquid and bring to a hard simmer for roughly 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to your own taste.
- Combine sauce and pastina, then add cherry tomatoes.
- Mix and serve up!
The CookAlaik Kerhonkson, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!