Deep Fried TwinkiesFrom rodeogirl73 7 years ago
- 6 twinkies shopping list
- Popsicle sticks shopping list
- 4 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- flour for dusting shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tbsp oil shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- powder sugar to sprinkle on twinkies shopping list
How to make it
- Chill or freeze Twinkies for several hours or overnight.
- Heat 4 cups vegetable oil in deep-fryer to about 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Mix together milk, and oil.
- In another bowl, blend flour, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry and continue mixing until smooth. Refrigerate while oil heats.
- Push sticks into Twinkies lengthwise, leaving about 2 inches to use as a handle, dust with flour and dip into the batter. Rotate Twinkie until batter covers entire cake.
- Place carefully in hot oil. The Twinkie will float, so hold it under with a utensil to ensure even browning. It should turn golden in 3 to 4 minutes. Depending on the size of your deep fryer, you might be able to fry only one at a time, two at the most.
- Remove Twinkie to paper towel and let drain. Remove stick and allow Twinkie to sit for about 5 minutes, and dust with icing sugar if desired before serving.
The Cookrodeogirl73 Tacoma, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!