California Roll SushiFrom msloyola 9 years ago
- salmon or crab Meat shopping list
- avocado (cut into strips) shopping list
- cream cheese shopping list
- Optional: carrots, celery, mozzarella cheese (cut into strips) shopping list
- nori/ Seaweed Sheets ( 1 large package) shopping list
- sushi rice shopping list
- Masago or sesame seeds (for coating outside layer) shopping list
- Sushi rolling mat shopping list
- 1 knife shopping list
- Bowl of water shopping list
How to make it
- To see how to prepare sushi rice, go to this website: http://www.ehow.com/how_3262_make-chicken-long.html
- or watch a video here: http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-sushi-rice
- Cover your sushi rolling mat with cling wrap for easy cleaning. Set the rolling mat on an even surface.
- Lay the Nori/Seaweed on the mat. Lay it on the top edge that is nearest to you.
- Moisten your hands in the bowl of water. Then spread a thin layer of the sushi rice on top of the Nori. Make sure the rice is covering evenly and pressed down firmly to make sure it is sticking to the nori.
- Flip the nori over, making sure it is rice side down. Now you are ready to start adding your fillings.
- Lay the avocado strips horizontally across the center of your nori. Remember to spread the ingredients as evenly as possible for this will make a better roll in the end.Spread some cream cheese next to the avocado in a line. Arrange the crab or salmon on top of the cream cheese. If you are adding carrots, celery and cheese, add them in there too. Sometimes we like to make some with different ingredients and switch it up a bit.
- Sushi R-R-Roll
- Time to do the sushi roll. Carefully lift up the side of the mat nearest you and fold it over to make a cylinder/tube shape. Tuck in the edge of your nori with your fingers to make a complete roll.
- Continue pressing with your fingers and pushing to shape as you roll. Make sure not to push too hard on it but do ensure it is of a good even size.
- To finish up your roll, place your roll of sushi into a bowl of masago or sesame seeds and keep turning it until it is coated well.
- Slice it
- Note: It is helpful to dip your knife into water to ensure easier/cleaner cutting of the roll. Cut the roll in two, then lay those two sides parallel. Slice it into six pieces.
- Eat it
- To present your sushi, place the sushi onto a platter or container on its side, allowing the beautiful colors of the sushi to shine through. Serve it with soy sauce.
- You can be creative and add or try different fillings based on your personal tastes.
The Cookmsloyola Joppa, AL
The Rating4 people
Wow this one looks all good! will definately be making this very soon, thanks for the yummy recipe..happy dayshooch in New Zealand loved it
This takes a little practice like any really great recipe.
You have my 5 fork rating this is so good
Michaeltrigger in loved it
very ggodmonique345 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!