Moms Baby Back RibsFrom upstatevoyager 8 years ago
- 4 pounds baby back ribs shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (I use a sprig of fresh if I have it on hand.) shopping list
- 1 small bay leaf shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring shopping list
- 1 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 3 drops (or more) hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed shopping list
How to make it
- In Dutch oven or large stock pot, cover ribs with cold water.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme, bay leaf, celery and onion.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 to 45 minutes or until ribs are tender.
- Remove ribs to shallow pan. Cut into serving portions of 3 to 4 ribs. Chill.
- In small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a bubble.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- When ready, grill ribs over medium-hot heatfor 20 to 30 minutes, brushing frequently with sauce.
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!