Banana Chocolate ChipFrom pengzor 8 years ago
- Wet ingredients: shopping list
- 2/3 cup of shortening (Real butter works best) shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (freeze and thaw them beforehand. Makes the mixture more moist) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- Dry Ingredients (Sift together in a separate bowl): shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups of flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon soda shopping list
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Beat shortening until creamy -- add sugar and beat until light & fluffy.
- Add eggs (one at a time) beating after each addition & until light & fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla
- add flour mixture alternately with mashed bananas (very important).
- Beat until smooth after each addition.
- Fold in Choc. Chips (I use milk chocolate chips).
- Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 mins (approx.) @ 350 degrees. Cookies should appear white and firm to the touch on top but golden brown on bottom. Its best to watch these cookies carefully in order to attain the best flavor, as they cook unevenly.