Espresso and chocolate fondantsFrom nuggle 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the pots shopping list
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2/3 cup caster sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease 4 x 150ml ramekins with butter (see note).
- In a double boiler, or a bowl placed over a pan of just simmering water, melt the butter and chocolates together. Stir to ensure even and gentle melting of the chocolate; when just melted, remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, espresso, vanilla and sugar until the mixture becomes thick and slightly pale in colour. Add the cooled chocolate, whisking to blend well. Finally, stir in the flour until just combined.
- Divide the batter among the prepared ramekins; bake on a baking sheet for 17-20 minutes, or until the tops are crevassed and cracked while the oozing underneath. Cool only for a moment and serve hot.
The Cooknuggle Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!