Apple Pie In A JarFrom floridasunshine 8 years ago
How to make it
- First peel and slice apples.
- Then you can fill quart jars with apples leaving 1 in. head space.
- Now be sure to pack the apples in there, put a few in and smosh down with the handle of a wooden spoon, then a few more and repeat.
- Next make syrup by combining sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and water.
- Then you will cook until thick.
- And add lemon juice.
- Now pour syrup over apples in jar, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- You want to be sure to run your plastic spatula around the inside of the jar to get the air bubbles out.
- Next place the lids on and screw the rings down just finger tight.
- Process approx. 20 minutes in hot water bath.
The Cookfloridasunshine Berkeley, CA
The Rating8 people
This with Graham Crackers is AWESOME!!!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
thanks for this recipe .lisaann in Miscouche loved it
how many servings does it make??bunbun in 01886 loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!